14 Mar 2023
Breast Implant Rupture: What You Need to Know
Breast Augmentation Breast Implant Rupture News
Breast augmentation with breast implants have become increasingly popular over the years, and more women want breast augmentation with implants to enhance their breasts’ appearance. It is also recommended for reconstructive purposes after mastectomy or breast removal due to cancer.
However, every medical procedure may have a possibility of complications. One such complication is a breast implant rupture.
What happens in breast implant rupture?
A breast implant rupture occurs when the implant’s outer shell or lining tears or ruptures, causing the implant’s contents to leak into the body. Depending on the type of implant, this can lead to various symptoms and complications.
What is a silent rupture?
Silicone gel implants may distort and rupture while maintaining implant shape, making it difficult to detect.
While there are usually no visible signs of a silent rupture, it’s essential to address the issue promptly, as the silicone filling may eventually migrate into the body and cause complications.
Possible complications with breast implant rupture
However little, there are chances of rupture of breast implants that may cause the following possible complications.
- Implant migration causing pain, discomfort, and flat breasts.
- Implant exposure or extrusion.
- Capsular contracture or scar tissue formation around breast implants.
- Infection (in rare cases).
- Difficulty detecting breast cancer during mammography.
- Immediate need for implant removal or replacement.
Breast implant rupture may sometime cause severe health issues. It’s important to know the causes, signs, and risks associated with breast implant rupture to seek medical attention if any symptoms arise. It’s also crucial to choose a qualified and experienced surgeon to minimise the risk of complications.
Causes of breast implant rupture
Breast implant rupture may occur due to the following reasons:
- Accidents and trauma to the breast
- Compression during mammography
- Age and wear and tear
- Improper placement of the implant
- Overfilling or underfilling of saline implants
- Manufacturing defects
Signs and symptoms of breast implant rupture:
The symptoms of a breast implant rupture may vary depending on the type of implant and the extent of the rupture. Some of the most common signs and symptoms of breast implant rupture include:
- Pain or discomfort in the breast or chest area
- Change in the shape or size of the breast
- Swelling or fluid accumulation
- Hard lumps or nodules in the breast or armpit area
- Redness, warmth, or tenderness in the breast
- Numbness or tingling in the breast or arm
Corrective surgery for breast implant rupture
Breast implant rupture is a potential complication after breast augmentation surgery, leading to various symptoms and complications. If you experience a breast implant rupture, corrective surgery may be necessary to remove the ruptured implant and replace it with a new one.
While there are various types of breast implants available, Motiva implants offer several benefits that make them a popular choice for corrective surgery. Dr Rory uses the highest quality, smooth, and ergonomic Motiva Implants for breast augmentation or corrective surgery for breast implant rupture with the following benefits.
Benefits of Motiva Implants:
- Advanced technology: Motiva implants are made with state-of-the-art technology, incorporating several advanced features that make them a superior choice for breast augmentation surgery. They have a highly elastic shell that makes them more resistant to rupture while providing a more natural look and feel.
- Natural appearance: Motiva implants are designed to provide a natural look, feel, and comfort. They have a soft and smooth texture that feels like natural breast tissue. This makes them an ideal choice for women who want to achieve a natural-looking augmentation or who are seeking corrective surgery for breast implant rupture.
- Personalised option: Motiva implants come in a wide range of sizes and shapes, allowing your surgeon to customise your implant selection to meet your specific needs and preferences. This ensures that you can achieve the best possible result with implants that fit your body and enhance your natural curves.
- Lower risk of complications: One of the most significant benefits of Motiva implants is that they have a lower risk of complications than other types of implants. This is due to their unique design and advanced technology, which makes them more durable and less prone to rupture or other issues.
- Safety: Motiva implants are made with biocompatible materials that are safe for use in the body. They also undergo rigorous testing to ensure that they meet the highest standards of safety and quality.
Corrective surgery for breast implant rupture can be complex and challenging, but choosing the right surgeon can make a significant difference in your outcome.
Dr Rory McGoldrick, one of the most renowned and highly professional plastic surgeons in Dubai, uses Motiva implants for corrective surgery or breast augmentation. If you’re considering corrective surgery for breast implant rupture, talk to Dr Rory and learn about how soon you may relieve from the discomforts and pain of breast implant rupture.
Breast Augmentation Breast Implant Rupture News